AV Dental Wellness hopes that you and your family are in good health. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared Coronavirus a pandemic and President Donald Trump has declared a national emergency for our country. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to protecting the well-being and health of our valued patients and employees.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
At this time there is no approved treatment or vaccine for this disease. To reduce the spread of infection, the CDC recommends frequent hand washing, staying home when sick, wearing a face mask, and social distancing.
Our infection control protocols have always been in place, but are now enhanced to ensure a safe and comfortable environment to receive dental care. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
Coronavirus Safety Protocols
- Patient Appointments:
- We are SCREENING patients as they enter our facility. If a patient shows signs of respiratory distress (ie. fever, cough, difficulty breathing) they will be sent home and instructed to contact their primary care physician.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Our team is well trained in effective use of PPE and hand washing protocols recommended by OSHA and the CDC.
- In our practice we always wear sterile masks, shields, gowns and gloves when treating all patients.
- We cleanse our hands often and in between all patients by washing our hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap.We also have 65-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer is readily available to our patients and staff.
- Our HEPA surgical air filtration systems provide us with clean air by removing any potentially harmful particles in the air.
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- During office hours all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs will be cleaned with a medical grade cleaning agent.
- We require our team to STERILIZE all of our instruments and equipment as well as disinfect our treatment rooms and all patient areas.
- Any and all areas will be immediately disinfected with a medical grade cleaning agent, if contaminated by someone who is showing symptoms
- Sick Employees
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness will be told to stay home and not return to work until they are free of symptoms for at least 72 hours.
- If an employee comes to work with acute respiratory symptoms or develop those symptoms while at work he or she will be required to see his or her primary care physician for screening. A note from the employee’s physician will be required in order to return to work.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Thank you for being our patient.